REQUEST A SACRAMENT CERTIFICATE
All sacrament certificates are legal documents and a request must be made in person at the rectory office. Only those with a current valid photo ID whose names appear on the certificate, or a parent / legal guardian if the certificate is for a minor, will be able to submit a request. For example, for Baptism, a parent or Godparent must make the request.
If you cannot make the request in person, a notarized letter sent to our office is necessary to confirm the identity of the person making the request. Please mail to:
Our Lady of Sorrows
Sacrament Certificate Request
21 E Sola Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
All certificates are provided in hard copy only with the church seal.
Please allow at least 3-4 weeks to research and provide a hard copy sacrament certificate. Certificates are not provided for genealogy purposes; only a copy of the record book's line item will be provided.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Type of Certificate: Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation or Marriage
- Approximate month and year the sacrament took place
- Full name of the person the sacrament was for
- Date of birth of the person the sacrament was for
- Mother’s first and maiden name
- Father’s full name
- Your relationship to the person named on the certificate
- Your email and phone number
- Your mailing address