- Holy Thursday, April 17: 7:00pm Mass of the Lord's Prayer (Bilingual; Note: There are no 7:00am and 12:10pm Masses or Confessions this day)
- Good Friday, April 18: 12:00–2:45pm Seven Last Words (English; Note: There are no 7:00am and 12:10pm Masses or Confessions this day)
- Good Friday, April 18: 3:00pm The Lord's Passion and Veneration of the Cross (English)
- Holy Saturday, April 19: 8:00pm Easter Vigil Liturgy (Bilingual; Note: There is no 7:00am Mass or Confessions this day)
- Jueves Santo, 17 de Abril: 7:00pm (Bilingue)
- Viernes Santo, 18 de Abril: 7:00pm La Pasion y Veneracion de la Cruz (Español)
- Sabado Santo, 19 de Abril: 8:00pm (Bilingue)
Easter Sunday, April 20 / Dia de Pascua, 20 de abril
- 12:30pm (Español)
Our Lady of Sorrows Transitions to Archdiocese of Los Angeles Leadership
In the heart of Santa Barbara you will find the roots of her people
Whether you are visiting or call this lovely city your home, all are invited to celebrate with us!
For 230 years, Our Lady of Sorrows has served Santa Barbara’s Catholic community. For over 100 years, the Jesuit Fathers continue to guide us in our journey with God and each other.
Did you know Our Lady of Sorrows:
Is one of the oldest churches in California, dating back to 1782?
Has had three locations in Santa Barbara, the first being the Presidio Chapel?
Established the Notre Dame School (originally called The Dolores School)?
Takes its name from the Apostolic College Chapel in 1855? Read more.
Notre Dame School
Join a Ministry
Reserve a Rectory Room
Photography throughout the website reflects the 32 original, Venetian-style stained-glass windows in the church. Come by and see the beauty of these works of art for yourself.